There are many articles talking about how to make a website on your own. However, starting a website is just the beginning of the journey. If you want it to really work and perform its tasks well, you need to be able to constantly increase the traffic by promoting it in search engines. Thus, in this article, we will talk about the basics of SEO.
In addition, if you choose to delegate the task of increasing traffic to your website, you can always turn to some reputable digital marketing agency and let them do all the work.
What is SEO?
SEO is an abbreviation, which stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search engines scan all online resources and index them according to certain rules. Search engine optimization is performed in order to make a website "appealing" to search engines.
The basics of SEO
1. Carefully consider your domain name. A simple and euphonious name for a website is important not only for attracting new visitors, but also for its promotion in search engines. An ideal option is when the domain name reflects the scope of the brand.
2. Optimize the content of your website. The text on each page of your website should not be too small, but not too large either. The thing is that no one wants to read a long and boring article, dotted with obsolete facts. Therefore, you should publish high-quality content and constantly update it. Keep in mind a simple rule: whatever users like will most likely appeal to search engines as well.
3. Keywords. These help your website to quickly take the top positions in Google search results. However, keywords must be integrated into your content organically and not appear too spammy!
4. Linking. In your content, you should always include links leading to other pages of your website. This will create a user-friendly atmosphere on your website while also enabling crawlers to discover other pages that your site has.
5. Use inbound external links. They can perfectly boost your website’s visibility. How to internally post inbound external links? You can do this in a quite simple way:
Create a group on some social network such as Facebook and regularly update it with news about new publications on your website while also adding a link to the website itself. In addition, you can post some interesting content there that will be attractive to visitors. This will ensure the growth of subscribers and a stream of traffic coming to your website.
Start a blog. On such a blog, you can make announcements regarding some new content on your website while also including a link to your site.
6. Add the Title and Alt attributes for all your images. These imply adding a name and description to any image on your site, as this helps the search engine \ understand what is depicted in it, and therefore correctly index it.
We hope you find this article interesting. Additionally, we recommend you check out OneCore commerce services, as these can help you immensely when it comes to website promotion and management.