The best way to reduce a big list of cleaning products and chemicals is to clean by using the ones which you already have in your home. People have been cleaning with household items like vinegar and baking soda for quite a long time and believe me it works wonders and also it is safe for your health and skin being chemical free.
Below are some ways to clean by making use of Baking Soda and Vinegar:
Cleaning with Vinegar
Vinegar didn't get registered as a disinfectant with the EPA, but it does kill the bacteria like E.coli and Salmonella which we find around the house and especially in the kitchen. White Vinegar can get used to clean a lot of things around your home. Below are a few suggestions for what you can clean with vinegar.
• You can clean your coffeemaker by running the machine with equal parts of water and vinegar. Turn the machine off halfway through the cycle and let that mix sit for an hour. Then you can complete the cycle.
• You can unclog the drain by pouring ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup baking soda down the drain and then rinse with water.
• To clean your microwave, you can pour one cup of vinegar and one cup of water in a bowl and then you can microwave on a high for about 10minutes. After it is put off, you can wipe away the stains and dried food.
• You can pour one cup of vinegar in the bottom of your dishwasher before you run the cycle. After you run them, your glassware shouldn’t be that cloudy.
In the Bathroom
• To remove the mineral deposits from the showerhead, you need to put vinegar in a plastic bag, and then tie the bag around the showerhead. Make this bag sit overnight, and you can rinse the showerhead in the morning.
• You can prevent mildew in the shower by spraying vinegar on shower walls and curtains.
• To clean glass, you need to mix a tablespoon of vinegar in a quart of water. You can then spray on to glass surfaces and wipe dry.
• To clean spills from a carpet, you need to remove as much liquid as you can, then you can spray that solution with half vinegar and half water and let it sit for two minutes. You can blot them with a towel. Most of the eco-friendly house cleaning services are making use of such natural solutions to get the areas cleaned.
Cleaning with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a miracle white powder, and it can do more than just keeping your fridge smelling fresh and clean. It has the property to absorb odor, and it is used throughout the home to remove toughest of stains.
• You can remove stains from coffee and tea mugs by filling it with one part of baking soda and two parts of water and making it sit overnight. Scrub and rinse them in the morning.
• Helps to remove odors from food containers by rinsing the containers with baking soda and water to remove smells.
• You can polish silver flatware by making a paste with three parts of baking soda and one part of water, and then you can rub on to the ware with a clean cloth.
In the Bathroom
• You can clean hairbrushes and combs by soaking them in baking soda/water solution.
• Erase crayon marks from walls by using the paste of baking soda made of an equal part of soda and water. Let it dry and then wipe off. It works on white walls, and beware that it got noticed at some situations to lose color from the colored walls if applied.
• You can remove the odors from upholstered furniture by simply sprinkling the fabric with baking soda which you can vacuum later.