The rise in the noise pollution has led to a higher demand for Soundproofing materials. As a result, many companies have come up with various brands of soundproofing materials, making it difficult to choose one among them.
To help you make a choice, here is a list of the best soundproofing materials available in the market today:
1. Soundproof Drywall; this is a combination of multiple gypsum boards and steel-like materials which are added to an already existing wall to make it soundproof. Though the price is quite high, the cost is worth the comfort and the peace you will enjoy after the installation.
2. Green glue; this is applied in the middle of drywall layers to block any sound from coming in or out through the wall layers. It can also be used to seal off all the gaps in the walls, ceilings and any other open space including screw holes. This will make it impossible for sound to pass through any of the openings.
3. Soundproof Foam Panel; these panels are normally used in entertainment joints, studios, as well as home theater. They can either be put on the walls or on the ceiling to reduce echo and vibration coming from the loud music.
4. Soundproof Curtains; these are specially made curtains made from rock wool layer that is mixed with vinyl. As a result of their thickness, the curtains once hung around the walls or the place you need to restrict the sound will work marvelously. At home, acoustic curtains will dampen the sound and lessen the echo coming out of the house, making the house more habitable.
5. Soundproof Paint; two layers of soundproof paint applied on a wall will reduce the sound coming in or out of the house by a huge percentage. The thicker the layer that will be applied, the greater the efficacy to absorb the sound.
6. Roxul Safe N Sound Insulation; this is ideal for use on walls and also ceilings. Rockwool, the material used for making this insulation is resistant to fire and water. However, it is difficult to find thereby making it unreliable.
7. Roxul Acoustical Fire Batts (AFB) Rockwool Insulation; it is made out of a combination of Rockwool plus thermal insulation. Its price is pocket-friendly and can easily be found making it a great choice. You can also buy it from an online store. It is stuffed into an existing wall to make it more soundproof.
You do not have to ‘endure’ the noise any longer when you have so many options to make your home or office more peaceful and free from unwanted noise. All you simply have to do is to pick the soundproofing material that best suits your place of residence and ask the help of an expert to install it. Options such as soundproof curtains are easy to put up and will not require much labor; they would, therefore, be a good option for somebody working on a lower budget or living in a rented apartment which may not allow modification.