A grating is a fixed frame of bars that can cover any open space. It generally comes in a shape of 122 cm or 62 cm, however, if you choose a flexible material for your grating you can also customize it any required shape or color. Engineers mainly use this product as deck and panel. These decks and panels are used for building catwalks, platform systems, footbridges, and other walkways. Different types of material can be used for building gratings but owners are suggested to choose the material carefully.
The Best Material for Grating:
Manufacturers are able to produce grating by using different types of materials. It can be made of traditional materials like steel, timber or lumber for making gratings. However, of this material is neither light in weight nor flexible. So it is always suggested to use frp grating products. Continue reading to know the benefits of using FRP products.
Benefits of Using Fibreglass Grating
FRP is a composite material that is made of fibres and polymer matrix reinforced. Read below the main advantages of using this material.
- Corrosion Resistance: Fibreglass is a Non-corrosive material by nature. They are highly suggested to use in the hostile environment.
- It Offers Anti-slip Surface: Due to the anti-slipping properties of FRP, it has the ability to prevent any type of industrial accidents due to falling.
- Lightweight: In general gratings are light weight than the solid structured beam and panels. On the other hand, fibreglass is also light in weight. So overall, FRP grating is very light in weight.
- But Provide Heavy Strength: May be they are light in weight but that does not mean the strength of your structure will be compromised. In fact, FRP solutions have the ability to provide strength similar to the traditional materials.
- Easy to Install: Due to the light weight of FRP, their installation process is also very easier. On the other hand, it can be installed by using regular hand tools.
- Resistant to Fire: The oxygen index level of FRP material is below 32. As a result, it does not catch fire so easily. FRP is also a class 1 fire rating product. So using FRP made products can also help you to prevent fire related accidents.
- Non-Conductor of Electricity: FRP is also a non-conductor of electricity that helps owners to prevent electrical accidents at their workshop. This is the main reason behind the wide demand of fibreglass in electrical industries.
So these are the reasons why every industrial workshop and factory owners are suggested to use FRP grating at their plants. Time has come to sign off. Hope you have enjoyed reading the post.