As we all know, the great actor Leonardo DiCaprio has always participated in activities related to eco-friendliness, we too can take part in these. He has made his own eco resort, loves tigers and saves them. He is also known as a peace maker. Being a fictional character, if he can do such excellent work for the environment, then we should also participate in doing few such activities.
A bag is a thing which is required in our daily lives to carry multiple things. A bag may be made of plastic or paper or jute or any kind of clothing material. They might be of different colors or different sizes. It is preferable to use biodegradable or recyclable bags. You need bags whether you are going to drop your child to school or you are going to the office or going out for shopping. You need not always buy highly sophisticated bags to carry your lunch bags or while carrying your household crockery. You can use those cheap carrier bags; they might not be sophisticated, but they are quite durable. According to human psychology, you will always tend to buy the expensive branded ones thinking that they are the best. But it is not; try these bags, and your belief will be proved wrong. For grocery shopping, you do not carry sophisticated bags; instead, you use these cheap carrier bags.
Grocery shopping is a day to day requirement of every household. Why use something which will increase wastage, it is always better to use something biodegradable and recyclable. You can use the carrier bags in UK for grocery shopping. If you go to the nearby family garbage bin, you will see the mostly food-related packaging. Be realistic while buying your grocery. Here are some of the tips by which you can eliminate wastage.
- Shopping in bulk reduces grocery-related packaging.
- Glass and paper products when recycled, they can be recycled into a similar type. Plastic is recycled into an inferior quality of plastic. Try to avoid plastic and use paper. So buy ketchup in glass containers instead of plastic containers or get pasta in paper bags instead of plastic wrap.
- Buy laundry detergent packaged in cardboard boxes instead of plastic bags.
- As a food precaution, keep raw meat, eggs, and fish in a separate bag from the other grocery items.
- Do not buy canned items, which are leaked or dented.
- Say “no” to straws. Straws are the most harmful kind of plastic.
- Bring a reusable mug to have coffee at home.
- Do not just discard electronics and throw them out at the dustbins. Try to repair and use again.
It is always a desire to lead a zero-waste life. But it is not possible always. Your favorite ice-cream might come in plastic containers. Or your favorite yogurt might come in layers of the plastic containers.